- proposes a classification of Siwi within Berber, and a corresponding probable account of where this Berber variety originated;
- describes the grammar of Siwi, in greater detail than any previous work;
- establishes how, and how much, long-term contact with Arabic has affected its grammar;
- examines the dialectal affiliations of Arabic loans in Siwi, providing further evidence that this contact involved very different varieties at different periods;
- provides a number of fully glossed Siwi texts of different genres, illustrating Siwi grammar and casting light on Siwi culture.
Thanks once again to everyone who helped in this process, and especially my friends in Siwa. To all those who find this sort of thing interesting, I hope the book comes in handy!